Thursday, October 2, 2014

Summer Geometric Watercolors

After doing a number of abstract designs in acrylic I filled my sketch book with all kinds of compositions which were ideas for future paintings.  Most of these were geometric shapes in nature and these next paintings were developed as watercolors from these compositions.  I like all of them, each being different in both color and composition but similar I think in purpose.  To me they feel both fresh and free as well as contained.  These are about line, shape color movement and freedom.

Sitting in the Sun, Watercolor on 1/4 sheet Arches Paper

Floral Abstract, Watercolor on 1/4 sheet Arches Paper

View from Above, Watercolor on 1/4 sheet Arches Paper

The Jazz Trumpet, Watercolor on 1/4 sheet Arches Paper

Gray Lady, Watercolor on 1/4 sheet Arches Pap

No comments:

Post a Comment