Monday, April 23, 2012

Fun With Collage


Blue Belle; Watercolor Pencil Under-painting; Collage 2012

When I began these collage's which were a set of symmetrical and asymmetrical designs, I had no idea that I would have so much fun.  I think that it is obvious that the collage is much more interesting than the under-painting. The under-painting is important as both a plan, and as filler in case there are little bits of the background which may show when the collage is added.
Cool Violet, Watercolor Pencil Under-painting; Collage 2012


After finishing I decided to try my hand at creating text collage which is shown below.  I am in progress of completing several more before I move on to something else. 
Middle, Acrylic and Text 2012

Gee, Acrylic and Text 2012
Dreams, Acrylic and Text 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment