Thursday, December 12, 2013

Fancy Fanasy

Geisha Doll

I like geisha so much  that I decided to buy a doll for my collection of dolls.  One little doll sits in my office file cabinet.  To do her portrait I turn off the lights and shot her photo is low light. There is a potted plant right behind her that accounts for the green leaves.  To begin the acrylic painting I began with a textured board in Martha Stewart's textured gold paint.  Then I painted her quite rapidly, finishing in less than an hour using Golden Open Acrylic paint with regular acrylics.
Office Doll, acrylic on 6 x 6 wood
 The English Fairy Painters were part of the Romantic and Pre-Raphaelite  art movements of the eighteenth century.  According to Wiki, fairy painting is strongly rooted in the literary and theatrical influences of Romanticism, as well as in the cultural issues facing the Victorian era. This fairy painting is in the style of this movement.


Night Fairy, Acrylic on oval canvas 9 x 11

No comments:

Post a Comment