Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watermedia Houses

Architecture and Painting

 
I am really surprised when I am around other artists who do not want  to include buildings in their paintings. For me they add recognizable form to a landscape.  I suppose it is the perspective that many find threatening, but I have enjoyed buildings in both abstract, primitive and landscape painting.

The following landscapes were created right after I finished the Joyce Hicks watercolor workshop.

Spring Street, watercolor

Granbury Flower Garden, watercolor
 
Late Afternoon Sun, watermedia/acrylic
 
This next house was also created using Golden Acrylics, but in an thicker oil style.  Tip-- don't ever create a house which uses perspective in an oval.  It won't look right no matter what you do.
 

Cloudcroft Twilight




No comments:

Post a Comment