Saturday, September 1, 2012

Collage

Acrylic Collage

The last assignment in the Carol Nelson workshop was collage.  Carol completed a lovely poppy collage as an example.  I began the 1st painting last fall as an experiment of stretching printed fabric instead of canvas.  Next I coated the fabric with several coats of matt medium.  Then I floated  acrylic paint and spray paint in water on the surface.  In the abstract paint design I saw the image below, and completed it with Golden Acrylic Open.  The bird is collaged painted paper from an old paperback book.
Imagination Takes Flight, mixed media collage
 
The second college is my interpretation of a poppy collage.  It is completed using hand painted papers with Golden Acrylics on canvas.
 

 

 Desert Spring Poppies, mixed media collage

No comments:

Post a Comment